Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gearing up for the playoff run!

I'm going to milk the Hockey/Leave your spouse Blog one last time...

With the NHL deadline quickly approaching on March 4th, I'm gearing up for one last big playoff push. It's a doosey of trade too - the rare 7 player deal!

Due to some complaining from other members of the league (and by that I mean, my wife complained that the list had grown from a team into an entire hockey league), I needed to make room for the two I picked up in what they called a "lopsided" deal for Jennifer Nettles and Lizzy Caplan, so the deal is as follows:

My team gets Malin Akerman, Tricia Helfer

And the 80-year old dude down the street was more than happy to take:

- Renee Russo (who decided that she had enough money to tide her over until medicaid kicked in next year)
- Salma Hayek (She married some French dude)
- Lisa Edelstein (As the only jewish member of the team, she refused to take a pay cut)
- The oft-injured Mariska Hargitay,
- Gwyneth Paltrow (who was no longer a fan favorite due to the fact that she was the only one on my entire list to receive a complaint)

The cup is mine!

----------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, I found another new band too - Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband

No comments: